MUCHO offers you 4G roaming services in over 160 countries worldwide by relying on more than 300 local operators.
Problems can arise due to the increasing complexity of smartphones and we are here to guide you as best as possible.
Our tips for getting connected while roaming
Here are the tips we can give you to make the most of our Roaming service when travelling abroad:
Step 1: Check that your phone settings allow connection to the Roaming network
Go to your phone’s mobile networks settings and carry out the following checks:
- The data roaming service must be enabled.
- The network mode of your phone must be in automatic network selection.
- The mobile networks must be set to 4G or LTE (even if you are using a 5G network).
- The internet settings of your phone (APN menu) must be correctly configured. Our checklist is available here.
If despite these steps you are unable to connect to your network while roaming, please remove the SIM card from your device and insert it into another phone to check that you can connect to the network
Step 2: Check Roaming Data Availability
1. Make sure the country you are visiting is one of the 160 countries covered by MUCHO.
2. Check if your subscription or prepaid pack includes Roaming data
To check if Roaming data is still available or if an option is active, you have two possibilities:
- From your myMUCHO cockpit: log on to your myMUCHO cockpit and then to the menu >Packs.
- By SMS: text “STATUS” to No. 778 (can be sent free of charge from Switzerland and worldwide).
3. If you have no remaining data in Roaming, you need to add an option.
To activate a Roaming option:
- Select the option of your choice from the Roaming section of our website.
- Then activate the option of your choice with one of these two possibilities:
To understand step by step how to activate a Roaming option on your myMUCHO cockpit, you can watch our tutorial video “Cockpit – Activate Roaming while always keeping control of your costs”:
4.What to do if despite all the checks I still don’t have any data while roaming.
Last important tip, if what we have mentioned above doesn’t improve, please switch your phone off and on again.